Busy Bee

Isaac with his bee friend.Isaac loves his jumperoo!
Isaac Monster!!!

Isaac with pea and cereal face.

Isaac has had a busy few weeks with visitors, parties, play dates and messy food stuffs.
He's starting to be able to sit up for long periods of time without falling over (but not always). His favorite foods are carrots, pears, oatmeal, apples, and sweet potatoes, but mostly just from a fancy jar. Maybe he likes the taste of the organic preservatives, or maybe he just knows deep down that his mommy doesn't enjoy chopping and cleaning.

Isaac in his high chair (thanks to Auntie Nancy and Uncle Bill). It's the same type and color that I had as a kid and I didn't even know it when we registered for it. I thought that was funny.

Lucy sometimes wants to share.

Grandma Jan and Jim came for a visit. Isaac had lots of fun with them (as did we). He is, however, getting a bit of "stranger anxiety" and although they certainly aren't strangers, he cried for almost the whole 2 hours that I was gone running errands, even though he had spent more then 2 days playing and laughing with them before the errand run. Bummer. It does make me feel a little good that he always wants his mommy. Is that so wrong? :)

He's so damn cute I just can't stop smooching him. I'm getting the wrinkles to prove it.



I like the photo on the top better but husband looks too-cool-for-school serious. Isaac looks like he's about to fall over in the second one, but at least the cool guy is smiling! :)


We had a couple of holiday parties on the same day. My mom's group and the husband's fancy office party were this past Saturday. Isaac went to both and was able to stay awake and party until well after 9pm. I don't even always stay up that late. OK, that's not true, I WANT to go to bed that early but it just never happens. The parties were loads of fun. The office party is always held at the boss' amazing high rise, downtown apartment, with floor to ceiling windows throughout the entire place. The collection of artwork is incredible as well, with original Chuck Close, Richard Avedon, Imogene Cunningham and so much more. It's breathtaking. The food theme was "comfort food" and desserts consisted of shots of milk with chocolate chip cookies on top, tall shots of the most amazing chocolate mouse and pudding ever made, and meals like fancy mac and cheese, glazed ham, biscuits and more. YUMMY! The mom's group party was held by Tarah and Ron who I have dubbed Martha and Mr. Martha Stewart. Fancy cookies, great decorations and a beautiful tree. Lots of dressed up babies and a visit from Santa (or Carrie's husband Sean dressed as Santa-seriously, pics are coming, it was hilarious) made for fun, goofy times.

Notice the beautiful, handmade yamulke on Isaac, who is, of course, front and center in the baby line-up. The other 1/2 Jewish baby wore it for awhile too. The yamulke was a hit, but due to our lack of true religious affiliations, it will most likely be the last time he wears one.


We got to visit Maia, Sophia and Stella a couple of weeks ago which is always tons of fun. We don't see them enough which makes Maia and I sad. The girls are so big and beautiful and were great with Isaac. Sophia "read" him stories and they all played with stuffed animlas together. It was super cute. A sudden burst of the new semi-common Isaac Intense Crying Explosion (IICE for short) scared the heck out of Sophia but she learned aout the wackiness of babies. I guess her baby doll doesn't explode like that. (that would just be weird and creepy)

Isaac looking a little worried about the state of Wall Street.


Stella giving me the
"Come on, Lady. Enough with the Pictures, I'd rather be texting my bff then doing this."
look.

...more to come!

blog comments powered by Disqus