30.5 weeks and stuck at home on a Saturday night while Husband goes to a fun bar with fun friends



Me staring vacantly into the abyss in front of Tiny's future room's new windows.

My giant belly EXPOSED! (and my new straighter, thicker hair UNLEASHED!)

So, yes, Royal went out and played without me. But it's OK, I encouraged it. Both of us shouldn't be stuck at home every day and night when that will happen son enough! Besides, it gives me the chance to...to...go to bed even earlier then normal. blah.

This week began my "partial bed rest" which means work half days and rest half days. No walking Lucy, which also means no exercise whatsoever. It's amazing how tired one gets from walking 2 blocks when one hasn't walked 2 blocks in several days. Sitting on the couch is less fun then one might think. School is being great about the time that I need to take now. The Middle School and Upper School heads both come to me to check in, make sure I was feeling OK. I'm now in the process of getting all of my class assignments down on paper with explanations, power point intros, etc so that a sub could keep class moving a bit more easily if Tiny should show up earlier or if this partial bed rest becomes full time bed rest (knock on wood). It's a lot of writing on top of writing comments (which are due in a week and a half) for all 60+ of my students! Anyone want to help with that? I'm looking for new ways of saying "Creative and talented" or "lacks motivation" or "imaginative and driven" or, my personal favorite "joy to teach!"

We did manage to go out today for several hours to the fancy baby store in Bellevue and FINALLY choose a stroller (of course it's orange) and car seat (unfortunately no orange). We also went to my favorite Mexican restaurant La Carta which we haven't been to in a couple of months which was a sad thing. Chili Rellenos make me happy!

Maia is giving us a baby shower type dealio at the end of April/beginning of May (can't remember when) which is super nice of her! We're planning on a little brunchy pot luck get together type thing with NO baby games such as "Taste the Gerbers and guess the vegetable of meat!" or "What kind of stain is this?" It's just not very us. Just fun people getting together over brunchy food, mimosas or bloody marys and saying goodbye to our childless life. Hopefully I won't be couch ridden so others can sit down too. We may have to rent some chairs. Or have a lap sit.

We got some new windows this week. 6 new windows: 3 in our bedroom and 3 in Tiny's future room (which we are still cleaning out and need to add some new painty touches). Windows are pricey! But we love our contractors Chuck and Becky (basement fixers and all around good folk) and they did great work as usual. Chuck even fixed our door free of charge which means we can use it for another year without having to reframe and buy a new one. We're going for a new hand rail next for another $900. Oy. Could be worse though, I'm sure. House owning is WAY too much $. Sometimes I wish we went for a condo or stayed in an apartment forever. It's an investment, right? right? We just wish investments gave you money DURING the time you have money invested, not just when the investment time is up!

I also just joined this facebook thing to keep in touch with old students. People don't really understand how attached teachers get to their students that they get to know over the years, especially when teaching high school kids and at a private school when you may have them for more then one class. It's amazing what I have learned in the last week about kids I haven't heard from in years. One just wrote me today, found me through another old student, and her note was an apology for being such a screw up, smoking pot before class and then thanked me for being an "amazing teacher". How nice is that! Last year I got a message via myspace from a girl I haven't seen since she was in the 6th grade. She was 19 when she found me and told me that I influenced her decisions to work in fashion b/c I made her love art! I guess I impacted some of them too. It's nice to know, I just hope they know how much they impact their teachers too. OK, enough of my cheesy pondering. Speaking of cheese (which i can now eat b/c my lactose intolernace has mysteriously taken a detour while I'm pregnant) I think it's time for leftover Chilli Rellenos.
See, Shma, I can still wear my favorite shirt! It's pulling a bit in places but so is everything else!

0 comments: