These are Isaac's current "stats". His weight is 16.05 pounds which is 25%. His height/length is 26" which is 25-50th%. His head size is 45.6cm which is...wait for it...90th%!
Yes, as we all suspected, Isaac has more brain than 90% of babies his age. Not to brag or anything.
He's also holding more things, grabbing for things (including my coffee mug, glasses, etc) and laughing all the time. Unfortunaly for me (and his ears) he seems to want me to sing all the time. I now sing anything that doesn't drive me crazy (no Wheels on teh Bus, please!) The ABC's, The Muppet Show theme song, secret songs we sing about Isaac that are about how great he is, and a few Beatles songs. If anyone has any suggestions I could use them. The ABC's has gotten old. So has Twinkle Twinkle (go figure).
-Beware, gross story below-
Isaac is also a little sick. Seems both Isaac and I have caught a stomach bug.
Yesterday I called up the pediatrician's office. Here's how it went:
Danielle: "Hi, I'd like to leave a message for Dr. Archibald about my son Isaac. I have a few questions."
Receptionist: "Sure, what are your questions?"
D: "Um, it's about poop. I have a question about Isaac's poop. He's 6 months old. Oh also, it's about sleep, but really mostly it's about poop."
Receptionist: "OK. I will give her your message."
D: "OK, thanks, I mean it's also about sleep, not jst poop, but he's had a lot of poop, and, well, OK, I'll talk to her when she calls back. OK, Thanks."
Who ever thought I'd be embarrassed to leave a message about poop!? I sounded like an idiot.
But anyway, we went in for our 6 month appointment later that day (She had a cancellation so after we talked she had me come in.) The Dr. said that Isaac either was teething heavily or he has a virus. Well, I brought him home, didn't think much of it b/c he was happy, no fever, etc. It wasn't until around 8pm when my stomach began to hurt and I became exhausted. I tried sleeping but sleep just never came. I tossed and turned for 2 hours. In the meantime the husband went to a work karaoke function (I was a little jealous). At about 10:30 I was rudely forced from my bed but that stomach ache. I spent the nect 5-10 minutes throwing up. I have never thrown up that many times at once. It was gross. When I was able to catch my breath I called the husband at the karaoke bar and he came runnning. Seems that one stretch of sick was all my body needed. I've been on rice and juice ever since, but man, that was GROSS! I don't know how single people can have an infant when they are sick. It's not easy and not fun.
Isaac is feeling OK but still having some poop issues. It turns out it's going around our mom's group. Seems the baby parties are germ factories too. Whooda Thunk it! (kidding)
OK, off to eat some chicken soup while the kids steal all the candy from the bowl outside our door. (don't want to get them sick from anything other then candy on Halloween!)
6 months and showing his age
blog comments powered by Disqus