I'm addicted to Facebook.
I'm 34 years old and I'm addicted to an online social networking site
that was created for 18 year olds.
I'm pathetic.
But I'm not the only one. And I have an excuse! I'm stuck at home, alone, all day and into the evening, and TV, books and movies can only go so far. Sometimes a girl just wants to look up old camp friends, boyfriends, high school acquaintances, and see how big and bald they got, how many kids they made, how far from their hometown they live, or what boring office job they do.
I'm 34 years old and I'm addicted to an online social networking site
that was created for 18 year olds.
I'm pathetic.
But I'm not the only one. And I have an excuse! I'm stuck at home, alone, all day and into the evening, and TV, books and movies can only go so far. Sometimes a girl just wants to look up old camp friends, boyfriends, high school acquaintances, and see how big and bald they got, how many kids they made, how far from their hometown they live, or what boring office job they do.Seriously, "Diff'rent Strokes" reruns aside (especially episodes with Janet Jackson), afternoon TV is bad news. And Facebook has games! Games like Scramble (Boggle's cousin) and quizzes such as "Who directed that movie?" and "How normal are you?" (I scored fairly low on that one, go figure.)
On a different note (or should I say "diff'rent") the OpEPL or "Operation Entertain the Pregnant Lady" enjoyed a successful second weekend of food, fun and friends. This weekend's event featured homemade Turkey burgers (thanks to husband), homemade hummus -the best I ever had (thanks to Morgan) , fancy and delicious salad (thanks to Goretti), make your own sundaes (thanks to Danny and Jason) and loads of laughs (thanks to Jen and the aforementioned friends).
One of the best things about being pregnant is that suddenly I am no longer lactose intolerant!I ate my first full bowl of ice cream in probably 10 years a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING! Last night I had my first Root Beer Float in 10 years, which was always my favorite. YUM!
Now I'm not completely over the lactose "issue" so I can't totally overdo it, but I am taking advantage of this while I can. Mac and cheese, cheese and crackers, and ice cream! ICE CREAM! You have no idea...
And speaking of mac and cheese...
Next week's OpEPL is a Mac and Cheese pot luck!
Who's coming?! :)